Welcome to the EndNote Subject Guide
EndNote is a commercial reference management software package, used to manage bibliographies and references.
This guide provides information about:
Most Recent EndNote Version
The most current version of EndNote is X7. If you have an older version you can upgrade and transfer your references by downloading X7 through your AU Portal, as described under the downloading EndNote tab.
Some new features in Endnote X7 include:
- ability to create a bibliography in Microsoft Word with separate sections
- compatible with Office 2013 and Windows 8
- contains several new features that make working with PDFs easier
- 5GB online file attachment storage
- able to manage and sync shared groups from desktop and online
Thomson Reuters provides a helpful comparison chart of the their past 4 versions of EndNote.
Quick Links: Frequently Used Resources
We have created a listserv specifically designed to assist people with EndNote (and other citation management software) needs.
Simply e-mail email@example.com, and one of the specialists will reply to your email.
Click to Chat with a Librarian
IM Reference hours: Sunday, 9pm to 2am, Monday-Thursday 11am to 2am, Friday 11am to 6pm. We can take text messages during open hours at 571-766-6349.