Mendeley has several special features that distinguish it from other citation management tools. Understanding these features will help you make an informed decision about how and when to use Mendeley.
This page provides information about Mendeley's primary distinguishing features.
Notable features of Mendeley:
1. Multiple ways to import and create references.
2. Unique options for organizing and annotating PDFs.
3. Integrates with Word, OpenOffice and BibTeX.
4. Options to sync and collaborate across multiple computers and with multiple people.
5. Connect with other users, and discover research through Mendeley's online interface