Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Click to Chat with a Librarian
Getting Access to Articles Found in Google Scholar
When you find an article in Google Scholar search results, click on the link to "Full Text @ American U" to the right of the citation.
- If AU has access to the article from a single provider, the article will open
- If AU has access to the article from multiple sources, the AU Library Search record open and you can click on any of the links there to access the article
- "[PDF]..." links will also often (but not always) give you access to full text.
If there are no links in Google Scholar, AU Library may still provide access to the article:
- Click on the quotation marks link underneath the Google Scholar citation
- Make note of the article citation information, including author, article title, journal title, publication date, and journal issue date, volume, and/or number, and page numbers
- Visit the library homepage, https://www.american.edu/library/
- Look in the column entitled Research Resources and click on the link to "Find Journals"
- Search for the journal title there
- Click on the journal title in the results list
- Visit the link that lists the appropriate coverage dates
- Search for the article on the journal's webpage
- If a search for the article title or author is unproductive, try browsing to the appropriate year, volume, and issue