Measures the regulatory environment of 181 countries that is conducive to the operation of business using the indicators:
Starting a business Dealing with construction permits Employing workers Registering property Getting credit Protecting investors Paying taxes Trading across borders Enforcing contracts Closing a business
The methodology of this index has changed considerably over the years. The most recent index is based on 12 pillars of competitiveness, each of which is also ranked:
Health and Primary Education
Higher Education and Training
Labour Market Efficiency
Financial Market Sophistication
These database will provide you with general background on the countries you are researching.
List import and export statistics for 140 countries. One can see aggregate trade between countries or limit by commodity.
To create a new account:
1. Click the login link in the top right corner of the main page.
2. Select "Sign up now" to create an account.
3. Enter a valid AU email address and click on "Send Verification
4. Check your email inbox & Spam folder for the verification code
(account verification can take up to one business day) then
copy/paste the code into the verification code box.
5. Click on "Verify Code" to complete the email verification.
6. Once verified, you can continue with registration.
7. When you have successfully created your account, you will be
logged in and directed to the main landing page. You should
now see the link on the top right "My Comtrade Premium".
Provides resident to non-resident trade in services and some related data series, broken down by EBOPS category and partner country, starting with the year 2000, on an annual basis. Free resource (registration required)
(Source:National Statistical Offices, Central Banks and the Statistical Office of the European Communities.)
Surveys significant foreign barriers to U.S. exports by country. Includes import tariffs and taxes, export subsidies, intellectual property rights protection, service and investment barriers, and other policies.