Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
What is SciFinder Scholar?
SciFinder Scholar is a web-based database that provides access to:
- CAplus (1907-present): contains more than 31 million patent and journal article references in bio-, organic, macromolecular, applied, physical, inorganic, and analytical chemistry that are updated daily. English language summaries translated from the scientific literature published in more than 50 different languages in more than 185 different countries.
- MEDLINE (1949-present): produced by the U.S. National Library of Medicine (NLM), has more than 18 million references that cover all areas in the field of biomedicine, including allergies, anatomy, biochemistry, biology, and biomedicine.
- Registry File Chemical compound information (structure, molecular weight, spectral information, etc.)
- CASREACT (1840-present): access precise, dependable, and timely information on synthetic organic research, including organometallics, total syntheses of natural products, and biotransformation reactions. Contains more than 19 million single- and multi-step reactions.
- CHEMCATS: information about commercially available chemicals and their worldwide suppliers. Contains more than 36 million commercially-available chemicals.
- CHEMLIST (1979-present): collection of thousands of chemical substances that are regulated in key markets across the globe. Contains regulatory information for more than 248,000 substances.
Explore the world's most comprehensive collection of published chemical research by author name, research topic, substance identifier, chemical structure, or chemical reaction.
How do I get access to SciFinder Scholar?
If you are a current AU faculty, student or staff member who wants to use SciFinder Scholar to support your academic research, you must request a SciFinder username and password. Please visit the SciFinder user registration webpage. Note: Do not share or bookmark this link, as it must be accessed from an on-campus IP address or through this webpage to function properly.
For instructions on completing the registration form, go to: How to Register to Use SciFinder.
After you submit the registration form, you will receive a message from email@example.com at the e-mail address you provided in the form. This e-mail includes a link that must be activated within 48 hours. A confirmation page will display when your registration is complete.
How do I sign into SciFinder Scholar?
What if I have questions about SciFinder Scholar?
American University Library
Electronic Resources Management Unit